Downloading, does it work??/

Reaction score
I'm new to mac, just recently got my new black macbook

and everything is goin well love it but:

when i try and download for example;

1) Limewire
2) TVU Player

those types of programs and some games it doesnt open

when i click on the program it would say their is no default set up or something like than and then on the bottom ask me to open it with another application

is their a way to make these programs work
are their other music and tv alternatives

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz, 120 GB, 2 GB RAM, Superdrive
Um... are those Windows applications? Those won't work with a Mac, unless you actually run Windows (with programs called Bootcamp and Parallels).

OP
M
Reaction score
sorrry man don't know what you mean by windowns applications i wish i could explain myself better but im not great with computers basically
i want to download free music and have tvu player which allows me to watch espn in canada lol and some other programs. but these programs won't open, because when i try and open them after their downloaded it will say their is no default application please choose an application to open it with and some of the "recommended" applications they recomend are iphoto.... wich obviously wont open it properly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like jerblis said, make sure you are downloading the Mac versions of the software. If it ends in .exe, then you have the Windows version, which doesn't work natively in OS X.

I know Limewire has a OS X version, go look on their website for it. Not sure about TVU Player as I've never heard of it.

Oh, and I suggest you refrain from mentioning the downloading of free music, as that is a reference to illegal activity, which is not to be discussed on these forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Like what Kash said, Limewire has a Mac version. I have seen it in one of the sites but didn't download it. There is a thread few weeks ago that discussed this.

Reaction score
mgolt, Canada's copyright laws are not those of the U.S. Run a web search for

Canada copyright law download

Buried among the blizzard of stories reading as though they are written by the record labels you will find there are, indeed, many restrictions.

This board is located in the U.S., so it must follow U.S. law, where such downloading as you discuss is cut-and-dried illegal. Because of that, the subject on this board and many others based in the U.S. is off-limits, no matter the legality in Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0 GHz CD, 20" iMac 2.16 C2D, Blackbook 2.16 GHz C2D
Tvuplayer is a windows only app as far as I know. There is a TV player for Mac called Joost. Although to me it seems that there is no content worth watching on Joost.

Reaction score
I got my Limewire from download.com you might want to visit there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.