Downloading a Powerpoint presentation on a Mac

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me. My company in Europe is PC/MSOffice based. I have Office 2011 for Mac installed on my MacBook Air.

As of recent, when I download and import a PowerPoint presentations my colleagues send me, the fonts, text boxes, and styles, get messed up and I can't open with the "original formatting". In the past as I first opened a presentation I used to get a little clipboard that allowed me to revert to the original formatting, but that clipboard no longer appears. It could be the result of an upgrade or a change in settings.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I receive Powerpoint presentations from places like Korea where the slides themselves are in both Korean and English and I have never had a problem with any of them regarding fonts, text boxes, etc. I'm using Mac Office 2011 with the latest updates installed. Also, I have never seen the little clipboard you're referring to.

When you receive a document to open, MS Office should offer to substitute fonts for those that are not available on your Mac. As for text boxes and styles, that's up to you to straighten out. What kind of presentations are they sending you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To follow what chscag says, make sure your Office 2011 has been updated to version 14.4.4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.