DosBox Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
So I have dosbox installed, but whenever I try to mount a drive it tells me it doesnt exist. Anyone know how to get this working? It starts me off in drive z. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it, theres a ton of cool dos games out there I'd love to purchase via download from this site (they have links to purchase Wolfenstein and other classic games from the original publishers).

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
No one uses Dosbox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I run DOSBox on Linux, and I seem to recall that it needs to have a config file set up properly before it will do the drive mapping. Have you done this? If so, could you post it? When I am able to get at my Linux config I could have stare n compare between the two and see if I can help.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I run DOSBox on Linux, and I seem to recall that it needs to have a config file set up properly before it will do the drive mapping. Have you done this? If so, could you post it? When I am able to get at my Linux config I could have stare n compare between the two and see if I can help.

According to the readme, you need to copy the prefs into the library>preferences folder like so:

picture1-469w24eim.jpg

Thanks for your help man. I had this working perfectly on my windows 2000 system, but when I go to mount a drive it doesnt let me.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Sorry to dig this up but there are about a million awesome games that could be played using this. Does ANYONE know how to make it work?

Some games:

Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego?
Oregon Trail

and much more!

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Eureka!

First you must mount your drive:

mount c "/users/yourusername/yourgamedirectory"

then C:

then dir to get a listing of folders

then cd\desiredfolder

then the name of the exe file!

=) Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.