Domain name email with Google?

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this, but...I'm paying $6 (soon to increase) for Google Workspace Basic. I use Gmail for my other business and my personal email, so figured, stick with Gmail for everything. But I don't use any of the features, other than the domain email ([email protected]). Which, I've paid to print on some very pricey business cards.

Am I correct that this goes bye-bye if I cancel Workspace for this account? And that while I could technically create a new email address ([email protected]) and forward everything, the email on the business cards is then moot.

I suppose I could migrate over to a cheaper email host, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle when I already use Gmail for my other two. Kind of stuck paying the Basic Workspace fee, right?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I suppose I could migrate over to a cheaper email host, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle when I already use Gmail for my other two. Kind of stuck paying the Basic Workspace fee, right?
Yes. With a paid Google Workspace account, you can use your own custom domain. If you go back to free, you lose that ability and then you have to use another service to provide that capability.

OP
AJP24
Reaction score
Yes. With a paid Google Workspace account, you can use your own custom domain. If you go back to free, you lose that ability and then you have to use another service to provide that capability.
Man, do they ever get you with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.