Does the Mighty Mouse sleep?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a question that's asked often, but I've done a few google searches and I've come up with nothing. If I'm going to be away from my computer for a while, should I turn off my wireless Mighty Mouse? I was curious if the battery is still being used if it's inactive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
From my experience, wireless mice tend to go to sleep after a period of inactivity. So if the Mighty Mouse is like any other wireless mouse, I would have to say that it too will go to sleep after a certain period of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Here is a paragraph from Macworld.

Although Apple offers no official estimate of battery life, the product manager says two batteries should last well over a month with normal usage, thanks to intelligent power management that conserves energy when the mouse is idle. There’s also an on/off switch on the underside to ensure the mouse isn't inadvertently activated when tossed into a portable bag.

Reaction score
yah, I use the mighty mouse at work and from time to time I forget to switch it off over night. still haven't changed the batteries since almost 2 month now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.