Does anyone use the Trackpad AND the Magic Mouse?

OP
Lastmboy
Reaction score
I got both with mine and have them both sitting there. I haven't been using the magic mouse much, but as Prrs4me stated, it does seem a bit better for selecting text, copying, and pasting.

This is a wee bit off topic, but does anyone use a pen and tablet for Photoshop editing? I haven't tried the track pad or mm in Photoshop, yet, so am not sure how well they will work. I am curious about the track pad for Photoshop use. Is it still way better to use a tablet for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
This is a wee bit off topic, but does anyone use a pen and tablet for Photoshop editing? I haven't tried the track pad or mm in Photoshop, yet, so am not sure how well they will work. I am curious about the track pad for Photoshop use. Is it still way better to use a tablet for this?

You have to adjust a little on how you use it, but I use the magic mouse in conjunction with the magic trackpad with a stylus for photos. It is not a replacement for a Wacom tablet, but it works well and the trackpad is large enough, really.

what I do when I want more space, I use an app on my iPad to turn it into a track pad called Mobile Mouse. It does require a server component on the PC but works well. the iPad version is $2.99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
I use the Wacom Bamboo tablet in conjunction with a trackpad and a mouse. I use the tablet for photo editing as well as other graphic functions. I leave it plugged in all the time and it behaves nicely with the trackpad and a conventional usb mouse.

Bill

OP
Lastmboy
Reaction score
You have to adjust a little on how you use it, but I use the magic mouse in conjunction with the magic trackpad with a stylus for photos. It is not a replacement for a Wacom tablet, but it works well and the trackpad is large enough, really.

what I do when I want more space, I use an app on my iPad to turn it into a track pad called Mobile Mouse. It does require a server component on the PC but works well. the iPad version is $2.99.

What kind of stylus do you use with track pad and with iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I dont remember, it is worn so much on the barrel that the name rubbed off. any iPad compatible stylus will work.

OP
Lastmboy
Reaction score
I use the Wacom Bamboo tablet in conjunction with a trackpad and a mouse. I use the tablet for photo editing as well as other graphic functions. I leave it plugged in all the time and it behaves nicely with the trackpad and a conventional usb mouse.

Bill

Which Bamboo tablet do you use? I'm not very familiar with them. I think the "Create" is bigger than the "Capture", isn't it? I'm just looking for something for editing in Photoshop. I don't do a lot of drawing from scratch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
I use the Bamboo Capture. I've had it for about 8 months now and it functions quite nicely for a relatively inexpensive tablet. I am by no means an expert with it as I am teaching myself photoshop. Never really had the time before. The Create is larger than the Capture but I haven't really found too much in the way of limitations. It was also a $100 more than my limited budget could afford at the time.

Bill

Bamboo Capture | Wacom Americas

OP
Lastmboy
Reaction score
I use the Bamboo Capture. I've had it for about 8 months now and it functions quite nicely for a relatively inexpensive tablet. I am by no means an expert with it as I am teaching myself photoshop. Never really had the time before. The Create is larger than the Capture but I haven't really found too much in the way of limitations. It was also a $100 more than my limited budget could afford at the time.

I'm thinking of getting a Bamboo tablet. Wasn't sure if I needed the Create or if the Capture would be big enough. Have you found it to be constrictive? I'm just wanting it for basic photo editing, so it seems like it would be big enough, but I've never used one, so not really sure.

OP
Lastmboy
Reaction score
Well... I now have my iMac and have been using it for a few weeks. As for touch pad vs magic mouse vs other mouse... I have settled into using both the touch pad and the magic mouse. When I get into "heavy dragging" situations, I prefer the mouse to the touch pad. For browsing or navigating between apps, the touch pad with gestures is great. I tried my logitech mouse with it, but found the magic mouse actually seemed smoother. I didn't like the feel of the MM at first, but have adapted to it, and it feels pretty natural now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't found the Capture to be limiting at all. If I need to blow something up, I just zoom in and edit what I need to do. Perhaps a couple of extra steps, but it serves my needs.

Bill

OP
Lastmboy
Reaction score
I haven't found the Capture to be limiting at all. If I need to blow something up, I just zoom in and edit what I need to do. Perhaps a couple of extra steps, but it serves my needs.

Bill

Thanks. I think I'll give it a try. I figure too big just takes up space on my desk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
I always hated PC touch pads. And after I got my first Mac (13" mbp) a week ago I didn't think I'd ever use the trackpad. But after trying it out after using my logitech mouse I really liked it. I ended up giving my mom my wireless mouse so she could use it since she was using a very old wired optical mouse. I don't ever use a mouse anymore. I just use my trackpad. It's excellent compared to PC touchpads, especially with the PC touchpads always jumping the mouse around, scrolling, etc when I'm typing sinc emy hands always touch the touchpad when I type. So that's why I never used the touchpad on a PC. I always disabled it. But with this Mac trackpad I fell in love with it. I have never had a problem with the touchpad when I type. Never. Apple blows the competition out of the water with this computer and trackpad!

I don't imagine I'll buy the magic mouse but if I do get a mouse in the future it would be the magic mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.