Docks for iPad Air 2

Reaction score
I got an iPad Air 2 for Christmas and I was looking into buying a dock for it. I had the official Apple dock for my old iPad, and I'd like something similar. I'd like to be able to have my Smart Cover on while the iPad's in the dock as well. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This Google Link will get you started. You might also give a look on Amazon.com.uk.

OP
Downey
Reaction score
This Google Link will get you started. You might also give a look on Amazon.com.uk.

Thanks, I've already had a look at some myself but people seem to have mixed opinions about whether they work well. I was hoping for some recommendations from people who've bought docks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks, I've already had a look at some myself but people seem to have mixed opinions about whether they work well. I was hoping for some recommendations from people who've bought docks.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want a dock for the iPad Air 2 if you have the smart cover?

I just bought the same iPad w/ the smart cover earlier in December - there's about an 1/8" distance from the lightning port to the surface of the cover, so you need to pick a docking station carefully - and I agree that hopefully others who have found a solution will respond. Good luck in your search - Dave :)

OP
Downey
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you want a dock for the iPad Air 2 if you have the smart cover?

I just bought the same iPad w/ the smart cover earlier in December - there's about an 1/8" distance from the lightning port to the surface of the cover, so you need to pick a docking station carefully - and I agree that hopefully others who have found a solution will respond. Good luck in your search - Dave :)

I'd like a dock so that I can easily charge it, since I can just plug the iPad in and turn on the switch, and still be able to use it while docked. Thanks for your reply!

OP
Downey
Reaction score
I have the BookArc from Twelve South (originally bought for my old iPad, but it works with any model). I have been very pleased with it.

https://twelvesouth.com/product/bookarc-for-ipad-ipad-mini

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was looking for something that my iPad could plug into and charge. I know I could plug in the cable once my iPad was in the BookArc, but it's not as convenient as what I was hoping for. Thanks anyway, though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.