Do you own an iPod?

N

Nightblade

No, I don't own an iPod. And I don't really want one either. I'm sure they're great, but I really have no use for one. Why spend hundreds of dollars on a device that does something that your computer can do just as well (if not even better), except that it's portable? And when you couple that in with the fact that the only music to which I listen is video game music (which I wouldn't even think of listening to in public), there really seems to be no point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
1 40GB 4th gen
2 20 4th gen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I thought there was already a similar thread to this, like how many ipods do you own or something? anyway, 2 mint condition 3rd g3n 15 gb ipods. one is engraved, it says :
1st line:Vincent Tavera
2nd line: Mac Rules.
I use my ipods all the time, actually, my bro uses 1, but I use mine for storage, transferring files, and listening to music, I connect it to my stereo.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
None. Darn it! :radioacti I'm actually saving up for one right now. My sister has a 40g and my cousin has a Mini. I really need one! I'm waiting for Apple to relese the next iPod, then I will get the 4th Gen 20g iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
-10GB 2nd Gen (replaced by apple with:)
-20GB 3rd Gen
-20GB 4th Gen (from work - it's my 'Company iPod' ;))
-4GB Mini 1st Gen (actually my girlfriends)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
not yet

not yet..........

E

EvoMac

The best purchase I ever made - G4 20gb iPod

Going to be buying a shuffle for my fiance soon

E

Ey3 D

iPod 3G 20 Gig (for myself) 2 iPod U2s, 1 iPod Shuffle, 1 iPod 20 gig 4 gen. (Everyone in my family household has there own iPod!) :headphone

Reaction score
I only have a 512MB shuffle right now. Just getting into the Ipods although. I like the compact size of it. Does anyone no where I can get a nice case for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Reflow said:
I only have a 512MB shuffle right now. Just getting into the Ipods although. I like the compact size of it. Does anyone no where I can get a nice case for it?
The online apple store has all the good ones

Reaction score
benjamindaines said:
The online apple store has all the good ones

I couldn't find anyone on the apple site that I liked. I was seeing if anyone new of a different site that sells them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool
No, unfortunately I'm really late to the game when it comes to owning an iPod. Their was a time when I always had a portable music device. ie: walkman in the 80s, early 90s. CD walkman in the 90s, eventually a CD walkman that had FM (ooh lol) built into it, and that's where I stopped.

Like another poster, I have music from CDs and downloads on my computer. And didn't feel the technology was that great to HAVE to have a portable mp3 player. I loved Apple, knew they were "late" to the game with the digital media in compairson to PCs. Who cared because Apple would end up ahead IMO in the end.

I seem to like the iPod mini enough and would love to get one. Seeing as its summer and I need money for more important things, it will have to wait. Maybe by then the iPod will have color screens. Even my defunct Palm Pilot had that.

E

Ey3 D

I got mine Christmas 2003. 3rd Gen. In my opinion it is better than the 4rth Gens because they make no sound with the clicker off. All the buttons are heat activated and they are Ol' Skool!

Z

zap2

i liked the 3g but after trying my friends it went to slow for me,the click wheel is faster i like it more. I have Gold mini 4gb and a 1GB shuffle. Would you buy 400GB iPod if it was twice a thick as the 60GB iPod and cost 600?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I have a 20 gig 4th gen iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.