Do the big iMacs ever go on sale on BF / CM?

Reaction score
Looking to possibly get a big 27" iMac in the near future but so far my preliminary Google search hasn't turned up any deals for Black Friday / Cyber Monday...mostly the typical AirPods, Apple Watches, iPhones, and Macbooks...

Any info out there?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not from Apple unless you can find one in their on line refurbished store. Also keep in mind that Apple is switching architecture this year. New iMacs are probably not going to show up until sometime in 2021.

OP
AJP24
Reaction score
Not from Apple unless you can find one in their on line refurbished store. Also keep in mind that Apple is switching architecture this year. New iMacs are probably not going to show up until sometime in 2021.
Chscag, can you tell me (or link me) to info about the architecture switch? I know silicone chips are coming down the line (maybe 4-5 years) but wasn't aware of any other changes (then again, its not something I follow regularly).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Chscag, can you tell me (or link me) to info about the architecture switch? I know silicone chips are coming down the line (maybe 4-5 years) but wasn't aware of any other changes (then again, its not something I follow regularly).

Follow the links in this Google search and that will tell you all about the switch. Also tune in to Apple's YouTube channel tomorrow to see it live.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, yeah, I knew about the chips. I read that's gonna be years though.

Years? I guess you didn't read the latest Apple news? Apple today announced three new Macs with the new Apple Silicon chips. (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13", and a Mac Mini)

A new iMac with the Apple chip will be coming in 2021. How far away is 2021? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.