• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do politicans pander to our irrational side?

Reaction score
I hope there's a group like that at my college, but I haven't found one yet.

CL33Zero, take a look at my response to your first post on this subject.

Sorry, didnt see it to tell you the truth:Oops:

Anyway, I never said any of that really. (I love it when people twist words) And yes, they want people to believe it. Science WANTS you to believe what they say. This may sound really dumb, but it matters cause I care. PM me. And no, I never said gays had anything to do with the divorce haha. But I did say it was the liberal movements that we have had over the last 40 or so years. And do you really think you have "complete and total freedom?" Can you say, whatever you want? Do, whatever you want? Can you tell others about how your planning to kill your neighbor? Can you walk around the mall, insulting everyone you see? Walk around naked? Maybe, have sex in public? Play your music as loud as you can in the middle of the night through downtown? Just to name a few. Your not "infringing the equal rights of others" so why cant you do it? Where is your freedom? Are people really that free? Everyone has to live with boundaries, people just want to push the boundaries out as far and far as they can, until morality and common decency is no more. Sounds far fetched, but its true.

And to quote you "This is were this thread takes a turn for the worse"
I didn't say my opinions any more aggressively than any of the others, its just because most people on this forum (you included) disagree with me, so you think I'm starting something. You wrote the response to me, not me to you. Just to clear that up.;D

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Sorry, didnt see it to tell you the truth:Oops:

Anyway, I never said any of that really. (I love it when people twist words) And yes, they want people to believe it. Science WANTS you to believe what they say. This may sound really dumb, but it matters cause I care.

Science isn't based on belief. It is based on facts. It is based on observation and empirical evidence.

And no, I never said gays had anything to do with the divorce haha. But I did say it was the liberal movements that we have had over the last 40 or so years.

Then I misunderstood, and I apologize.

And do you really think you have "complete and total freedom?"

No we don't.

Can you tell others about how your planning to kill your neighbor?

Threatening a life is assault and a threat to that person's right to life.

Can you walk around the mall, insulting everyone you see?

You could, but you'd probably get beat up. As far as your other examples, they're reductio ad absurdum arguments. I don't think loosening some cultural constraints and taboos would lead to people walking around naked and having sex in public.

And to quote you "This is were this thread takes a turn for the worse" I didn't say my opinions any more aggressively than any of the others, its just because most people on this forum (you included) disagree with me, so you think I'm starting something. You wrote the response to me, not me to you. Just to clear that up.;D

I know you didn't. It took a turn for the worse when I replied, but all good things must end I suppose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Firstly, how are global warming and the big bang religions?

I'm not sure what exactly what he meant by that comment, but in many ways the two do have similarities with religious beliefs of the past. It has nothing to do with what is fact and what is not and everything to do with how people put all of their faith in what is often imperfect science or poorly draw conclusions based on incomplete or inconclusive science.

Science is always progressing, changing and making new inroads to solving problems and explaining the universe around us. Often times mistakes are made or better answers are found that often contradict what science told us in the recent past. In short, science is only as good as the scientist behind it. Those scientists being human are subject to the same base motives that we all are, the desire to succeed, the desire to discover and so on. They themselves are not infallible and neither is science. It's only good until some better science comes along.

The similarity with religion comes into play when people become as passionate about their absolute belief in science to solve or explain everything in the same many that many are passionate about their belief in the bible or religion. The ideas are very different but the human emotions, the attitude, the actions and the patterns of belief are very similar. Global Warming is one of those issues that has many of it's strongest supporters acting with an unusually enthusiastic fervor and calling for strong condemnation of the "non-believers" in a manner that calls to mind the Inquisition and religious inquiries of the past.

I'm not taking sides here at all, but I have noticed the similarities between the two and have read some articles on how science has become the "New Religion" for many.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I'm convinced if person came onto this thread without seeing it before they wouldn't be able to follow all of the off-topic issues. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.