Do I have a virus ?

Reaction score
For the last 2 weeks ago i've been having strange issues with various accounts I have.

It started off with iCloud randomly telling me my password was incorrect, so i'd change the password and a few days later it would say it was incorrect as well. I enabled 2 step verification which seemed to stop the problem.

Today i've woken up and received a few emails from some forums I use to say that someone has request a password reset. I don't know if this is just an odd coincidence (doubtful) or something iffy has been going on.

I've never had this problem before so I don't know if wiping my Macbook and installing a fresh OS will fix the problem or is there anything else I should do ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Short answer: no you don't

And I don't think this is a problem local to your machine.

I'd suggest that some else has or had access to your iCloud account and or email.

You've done right by adding 2 step.

I'd change the passwords on any other email accounts you have (to something strong and something you wouldn't normally use). I'd change your Mac user password too.

It's also worth creating a new email account that no one else knows about and using that as your 'recovery' email address for your accounts.

Anyone that knows your email address can request a reset. Rather than a virus or malware I'd suggest that this isn't an automated issue at all but a person.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You might have a virus. Your Mac does not. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I'm with mrplow. The simple answer is "NO" you do not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.