Display Problem MacBook Air

Reaction score
Hi everyone!*

It is my first post on this website so please forigive me if my question dossn't match with the forum's guidelines.
I bought MacBook Air on last year wih extended two years warranty but I hardly used it, no more than 10 or 15 hours in total in whole one year. Now, I have started my uni therefore I have started using it on some regular basis. Recently (on last Wednesda), I found out that the hinge of my MacBook Air is too lose therefore I got it checked by Apple engineer at Apple's Strand Store, London. They tighten it up and told me that they can tight it more if I want but (1) I will need to give them for 4-5 days so that they can get the spareparts (2) the lose hinge is won't damage the MacBook Air + if it is more tight then I will have to apply force in order to open the macb Air at first instance. So I thought not to tighten it up more. From Wednesday till now the laptop was in my bag but today when I opened it then I realised that it has some sort of bubbles with blue spots in centres of each bubble on the screen. Please check the attached picture. They are total 5 in numbers on the screen but widely spread everywhere on the screen. They were never on the screen until before my last appointment at Apole Strand, London store wih Apple engineer. It doesn't have screen protector (although now I have ordered a screen protector from Amazon for £5). Can anyone please tell me that have these bubbles/spots have appeared as a result of some physical damage or is the main reason something else? I have always taken extra care of my macbook Air by handling it with great care + using leather folder cover & full zip cover bag which I bought from Apple Store. I have booked an appointment with Apple's engineer on next week but since I have doubt that Apple Strand, London store engineer have causeed this damage therefore I have booked it at different store i.e. Covent Garden, London.*

Thanks in advance.*
ImageUploadedByMac Forums1446989970.225796.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello AppleUser123 - I'm assuming that these are legitimate Apple Stores and that by extended warranty, you mean Apple Care - correct?

Plus, assuming that the hinge was 'normal' when you bought the laptop, are you sure there was no damage? But, the bottom line is that you are still under warranty - I would let Apple try to figure out (and hopefully fix) the problem or provide you w/ another laptop (will likely be a refurb) - good luck and let us know the results. Dave :)

P.S. and welcome to the forum!

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello AppleUser123 - I'm assuming that these are legitimate Apple Stores and that by extended warranty, you mean Apple Care - correct?

Plus, assuming that the hinge was 'normal' when you bought the laptop, are you sure there was no damage? But, the bottom line is that you are still under warranty - I would let Apple try to figure out (and hopefully fix) the problem or provide you w/ another laptop (will likely be a refurb) - good luck and let us know the results. Dave :)

P.S. and welcome to the forum!

Many thanks for the reply. Yeah, they are the apple legitimate stores in London & sorry for the wrong term i.e. Apple care (for which I paid extra money in the appl store at time of purchase so that I can enjoy extra warranty period on my MacBook Air) .

Yes, I will let Apple to resolve this problem but I was wondering if any of your experts can shed some light on what are these bubbles kind of spots on the display screen which have small blue Mark/dot in its centre? I really love my MacBook Air and I don't want a refurbished substitute:( ergo will it possible for Apple to just fix the screen or replace it with new one?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Those bubbles or spots look like screen defects. I suspect Apple will just replace the entire machine with a new one rather than install a new display.

OP
A
Reaction score
Those bubbles or spots look like screen defects. I suspect Apple will just replace the entire machine with a new one rather than install a new display.

Just wanted to update everyone that I went to Apple Store and they found it was the screen protector which was put on by the other branch of Apple Store. They have pulled it off and my MacBook is now perfect ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just wanted to update everyone that I went to Apple Store and they found it was the screen protector which was put on by the other branch of Apple Store. They have pulled it off and my MacBook is now perfect ?

Well, I'm glad that your issue was corrected; however, quoted below from your OP - somewhat misleading - next time be a little more careful - a gentle suggestion. Dave :)

It doesn't have screen protector (although now I have ordered a screen protector from Amazon for £5).

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad that your issue was corrected; however, quoted below from your OP - somewhat misleading - next time be a little more careful - a gentle suggestion. Dave :)

I attached the pictures with my original posts and like many other members of this website even I didn't know that it is a protector because it had good quality and or attached professionally. Even more, when the staff member at Apple Store examined my MacBook before taking it to the engineer, and the staff member said me the same thing that it's not a screen protector but the engineer spotted it and sorted out my issue. I don't understand that how clear did you want me to be in my original post? I hope it will be my last post. Hopefully, I won't have to face any issue with my MacBook (fingers crossed) therefore I am deleting this app. Many thanks to everyone (regardless anyone helped me or not). Happy thanksgiving day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I attached the pictures with my original posts and like many other members of this website even I didn't know that it is a protector because it had good quality and or attached professionally. Even more, when the staff member at Apple Store examined my MacBook before taking it to the engineer, and the staff member said me the same thing that it's not a screen protector but the engineer spotted it and sorted out my issue. I don't understand that how clear did you want me to be in my original post? I hope it will be my last post. Hopefully, I won't have to face any issue with my MacBook (fingers crossed) therefore I am deleting this app. Many thanks to everyone (regardless anyone helped me or not). Happy thanksgiving day.

Not a problem at all - I was simply making a general comment for all new posters (whether to this forum or another) to be careful w/ the facts and provide enough clear information to allow a responder to post an accurate and useful reply. My post was certainly not meant to harm or criticize, and sorry if you took it that way. And please don't desert the forum for you many of us (I've left a lot of 'help me' posts myself!) may still need occasional help w/ our Apple products, and the members here are quite experienced and willing to help. Peace and a happy holiday season to you, also - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.