disk tray woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC Pro 2.66
I love my Mac Pro but what seemed to be fast when I first got the unit, now seems quite slow. I'm referring to the length of time I need to hold down the eject button before the tray actually opens. I used to just touch the button and it would begin to open. I now have to hold the button for a short period of time before the tray, either one (I have dual trays), opens. Other than that, I love my Mac! Any suggestions would help. I don't know if I messed some time issue up in Terminal or Tinkertool, I can't remember. Thanks in advance,
Shawn:bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Did you recently update to 10.4.9? That is probably the cause of it. Many people have noticed it since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
Yeah, I had that after hte update too. I prefer it though, because now if I accidently hit the eject button when I mean to press delete or F12, my Cd wont pop out :D

Reaction score
I have the .9 update in my Pro and i don't see any slow down in opening either of my 2 drives... I don't have to hold the keys down at all, just touch them and the doors open within 2 seconds...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I see this problem also on my Mac Pro. I just got it the other day and the eject responded fine. Once I did all the software updates available (including .9) I am experiencing that short delay also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Looks like it's an intentional change with the last round of updates. My legacy Powermac is experiencing the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I dont think it is a "problem" but more a fix for a lot of users.

Many people mentioned that when typing, it was very easy to knock the eject button and eject the CD. This way now its a lot harder to "accidently" tap it.

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
my computer also does this, I thought I had broken the key. I guess not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I agree with Tender. Once I realized what the issue was, I actually like it b/c I used to accidentally hit the button all the time. My only problem is we all had to figure it out- do they actually post updates like that anywhere so we can see what they're changing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
10.4.9 didnt affect me

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a Power Mac G4 Dual Core 867. I have no real problem with the tray not opening, my problem is that the tray will not stay open. Anybody out there have the same issue? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I have no problem with the tray not ejecting. Mine is that when it the tray ejects, it closes right away not letting me even put a disc in. I am running
OS 10.4.9 Has anyone else here encountered this problem? If I am in the wrong thread, please direct me to the right one. Thanks in advance. My drive is a Pioneer DVR-104

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.