Discontinued Airport original cards?

M

mode7girl

Is Apple not making any more Airport cards? They seem to be $100+ on ebay for a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
mode7girl said:
Is Apple not making any more Airport cards? They seem to be $100+ on ebay for a new one.

Apple is no longer producing the original Airport cards. You should be able to find them for less than that though. I'll do a bit of searching later and post a link to what I find.

OP
M

mode7girl

I found one for $90 on ebay the other day. The seller had 12 and sold all of them within a few hours.

OP
D

dmholmes

mode7girl said:
I found one for $90 on ebay the other day. The seller had 12 and sold all of them within a few hours.

Yes, unfortunate. I had to pay $140 to get one for my Cube!

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I may be selling mine i just got a ethernet routerbut i am still using airport for my iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Member WilliS is also selling a G3 iBook (check the Classifieds) with an Airport card, so if it turns out you can't find one, you could check to see if he'll sell the card separately.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.