Dimmed screen problem still after new inverter board and cable!

Reaction score
OK, so I've searched the internet for additional solutions to my problem. My Macbook was dropped and I thought the screen was broke but soon after realized that I could see my desktop and everything worked when hooked up to a TV. I swapped out the inverter board and cable and there was not a difference. My laptop is a Macbook "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 13" (Black-08)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you dropped your MacBook it may have dislodged a cable that connects the inverter board to the display backlight. You state that you changed the inverter and cable, but which cable? There's also a chance that the backlight itself was damaged in the drop. I wouldn't spend too much money on such an old MacBook which is only worth maybe $150.00. Go to www.ifixit.com and do some more trouble shooting.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You followed the right instructions from ifixit but unless you get back in and check everything again, you can't be sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it's possible. However, locating the fuse is not easy since it's not an ordinary fuse. My understanding is that it's a fuse-resistor (a small resistor that acts like a fuse to protect the circuit). You'll need to do some googling to try to find out where it's located at.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.