Desktop pictures

Reaction score
Hi, since I have installed Catalina, I don't seem to be able to 1) drag images from Photos to my desktop. 2) Save a screenshot to my desktop. 3) Basically work with pictures and desktop in any way.
Any help?
Thanks
Mario

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Ok, can you provide basic information about your Mac? Model year? Did you do an upgrade from a previous OS to Catalina, or did you do a clean install of Catalina?

I am using my Mac Mini, which I did a clean install of Catalina and did both of those tasks. What are the steps you are using to do the both of those tasks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
You've done a reboot?

I'm still on Mojave and have no issues with dragging or screenshots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi, since I have installed Catalina, I don't seem to be able to 1) drag images from Photos to my desktop. 2) Save a screenshot to my desktop. 3) Basically work with pictures and desktop in any way...............
Mario

Hi Mario - welcome to the forum! :) I'm using Catalina on a MBPro at the moment and have no problem w/ what you want to do, so suggest that you go to Applications > Utilities in Finder - then check options to see if the 'Desktop' is selected - may help w/ your screenshots, but not sure about dragging images there from elsewhere - see pic below. Dave
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 5.21.29 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.