Desktop: May 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
How do you change the skin of iTunes Paralex? I have always tried to figure that one out, but I guess I should probably ask questions in order to learn.

You have to edit the iTunes.rsrc file manually in order to change the elements. First I downloaded took a GUIkit file (Rhino is the theme) and extracted it using GuiKitty. Once extracted, I found the iTunes.rsrc file there. I opened that up in ThemePark. Then go into ~/Applications/iTunes -> View Package Contents and grabbed the iTunes.rsrc file from there and opened it up in ThemePark. Once you have those two files opened, just drag all the elements one-by-one from the Rhino resources to the iTunes resources. It will take about 15-20 minutes to do all of this since you are dragging each image one-by-one. Remember to do a backup of the original iTunes resources just incase there's a screw up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Where'd you get that background???

Lotus Downloads

Nice ride Bry, how many does it seat?
Could I get 2 baby seats in there.

It's not mine. Right now I can only dream of owning such a cool car. It seats only one passenger and I assume there's an airbag for the passenger so it'd wouldn't be safe for a joy ride with a baby.

This is what I drive-
(dead link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Paralex, you always have the coolest setups.
icon14.gif

Agreed. I always want to know how you do the cool things on your desktop, like the display at the bottom with the disk volumes and the reskinned iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed. I always want to know how you do the cool things on your desktop, like the display at the bottom with the disk volumes and the reskinned iTunes.

The custom dock on the bottom is DragThing, the volumes are default OS X desktop icons. :) Also, you can find out how to change your iTunes skin a few posts above. ;)

Reaction score
You have to edit the iTunes.rsrc file manually in order to change the elements. First I downloaded took a GUIkit file (Rhino is the theme) and extracted it using GuiKitty. Once extracted, I found the iTunes.rsrc file there. I opened that up in ThemePark. Then go into ~/Applications/iTunes -> View Package Contents and grabbed the iTunes.rsrc file from there and opened it up in ThemePark. Once you have those two files opened, just drag all the elements one-by-one from the Rhino resources to the iTunes resources. It will take about 15-20 minutes to do all of this since you are dragging each image one-by-one. Remember to do a backup of the original iTunes resources just incase there's a screw up.

Well....um.....I mean....dont get me wrong, you did a very good job explaining it. But I'm just confused ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well....um.....I mean....dont get me wrong, you did a very good job explaining it. But I'm just confused ;)

Maybe this tutorial can help: (dead link removed)

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Is there room for a Linux desktop here? I played around with OpenSUSE this weekend. A great alternative to Windows if you have a PC standing around...

(dead link removed)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I was going to ask the same thing. I figured it was some sort of front end for iTunes but that is just a guess. I have seen it in other desktop pics.

If you notice, he has the Weather Widget on the desktop also. I forget how to do that as I keep my Widgets hidden till I need them.

I figured out how he is doing it but my Widget is different.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd guess it's a widget since iWhat also has the weather widget on the desktop...

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That is a very widget old called Black 'n' Blue. I think it's the best looking one around.

As for how dashboard widgets are on the desktop, go here. But the widgets on the desktop will always overlap all windows.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is a very widget old called Black 'n' Blue. I think it's the best looking one around.

As for how dashboard widgets are on the desktop, go here. But the widgets on the desktop will always overlap all windows.

Thanks iWhat on that Widget's name. It does look very nice. I figured out the desktop part and yeah it does overlap all windows, so it can get in the way I guess for some.

I was pretty sure that is what you were doing.

Just downloaded that BlackNBlue and it is nice. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
(dead link removed)

About half an hour in Illustrator...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.