Desktop icons shifting from top to bottom of screen

Reaction score
No threats identified via Sophos, but "issue detected". The top row of icons on my desktop is indecently relocating itself to the bottom of the screen, then back to the top—every few seconds.

Advice? Distracting is an understatement...

Reaction score
yep it does it every time you open a window or run a app it does it in maverick and in yosemite as well on certain models of macintoshes

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks - though note it started just yesterday

Appreciate the response, Johnodd. The specific problem, however, started yesterday. This makes me thing "something has happened".

I'm running a 17" Macbook PRO (and won't buy another until there's another 17incher...this size is a necessity for my work). So, it's not a new one, but running Mavericks which has been problematic.

Does anyone have any suggestions...having difficulty getting hidden files to show so the presumed "issue", and org.eclipse.... set is hiding. :\

M

MacInWin

Sort of a long shot, but right click on the desktop, Show View Options and change the icon size. My theory is that the size is right on the edge of how many icons can appear and it's somehow flipping back and forth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And of course Sophos cannot find anything as it searches using Windows criteria. No viruses for OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.