Deleting Stickies

Reaction score
I've tried moving to trash, but doesn't work. Right click and there is no option to delete. So how do I delete a Sticky on the desktop that I no longer need. As always, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is the Sticky on the dashboard? If so, click on the (-) icon on the bottom left and then the (X) that will appear on the top left of the sticky. If not that one, explain what you are talking about..

OP
P
Reaction score
This is the Sticky on the dashboard? If so, click on the (-) icon on the bottom left and then the (X) that will appear on the top left of the sticky. If not that one, explain what you are talking about..

No, not the program. It's stickies on my desktop that I've used and now have no use for any more.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stickies from WHAT program? The Dashboard has a stickies program, but those stickies only stay on the Dashboard. If you have stickies on your desktop, whichever program you used to create them will be able to delete them as well..

OP
P
Reaction score
Stickies from WHAT program? The Dashboard has a stickies program, but those stickies only stay on the Dashboard. If you have stickies on your desktop, whichever program you used to create them will be able to delete them as well..

The Stickies ARE the program and yes, the PROGRAM is on the dashboard, and I used the PROGRAM to create individual stickies, but I moved those individual stickies onto my desktop so they would be visible when I was on the computer. I don't want to delete the PROGRAM, just the individual stickies I created with the STICKIES PROGRAM.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
P
Reaction score
See image..

Okay. Thank you. There was no minus sign or any insignia on my stickies, but when I hovered over the corner you suggested, it turned into a double arrow. When I clicked on the double arrow it gave me a choice to save or delete. Thank you.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The stickies on the Dashboard behave differently than the stickies on the desktop because they are two different apps. One is a Widget app that only sits on the Dashboard and the other is a normal OS X app..

Thus, management of the stickies varies between the two.

Having never used the Stickies app, I can say that the close icon and whatever that icon on the top right is is not intuitive or large enough to know what its purpose is..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 10.11.6, also ipad
I have a question about stickies on the desktop...do they take up memory? I use it as a notebook. SHould
I stop doing this?
Am getting many beachballs since we started using Carbonite...
Thanks much for any suggestions.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I'm not sure why you would want to use Carbonite backup as the iCloud (built in) backup is cheaper than $42.00+ per year but like all online backup options even DropBox take up processor resources. You have not told us anything about your computer, storage, RAM, processor type and speed so if you are running an older machine with a HDD and/or have less than 4Gb RAM then programs like this will definitely slow things down. Stickies use almost no space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.