Dead Pixel Thread

D

dtx3000

i don't like the color pink. especially when it haunts my iMac's screen in the form of a single dead pixel. i've tried the 'monitor massage', no luck. anybody have reports of these things just going away? or any other suggestions. in every other way though, my mac completely rocks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
dtx3000 said:
i don't like the color pink. especially when it haunts my iMac's screen in the form of a single dead pixel. i've tried the 'monitor massage', no luck. anybody have reports of these things just going away? or any other suggestions. in every other way though, my mac completely rocks.

Other than trying to massage it, there is no way to fix a "lit" pixel (it's "lit when it's stuck a single color, and "dead" when it's black) other than replacing the display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i had a lit one that was fine after massaging it for a few minutes

OP
D

dtx3000

this one seems to be a 'dead' green only segment of a pixel. did you massage it for 5 minutes, ten minutes, how long. craaaaazy pixels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i had my powerbook off and rubbed it for like 3 minutes with a moist cloth and it was fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.