Dead macbook gets hot?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i have my macbook here (late 2007) that wont turn on, at all.
the battery charges through it but thats pretty much it.
when i press the on button nothing happens, no sounds from inside, nothing.

i have taken it appart (half) and was messing around inside it when suddenly i brushed past the bar thing over the processors on the logic board, it was actually getting hot!

there are no fans turning, no hard drive noises or anything but it was still getting hot?

i really need peoples advice here :( is there any way to fix it?
thanks,
Joseph

OP
B
Reaction score
Oh,
anybody who gives me info leading to a fix will be given a paypal gift...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the CPU is getting hot and the fans are not on, yet the battery and DC input are working, that's a good sign your main board (logic) has died. Unless your MacBook is still under Apple care, it may cost more to repair it than to replace it with a refurbished or used unit.

You can attempt to do the repairs yourself, however, it's still going to cost you quite a bit in $$ and time.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
yes i did, but it was still warm from when it had been on before.

are there water indicators on the macbook? i want to see if it may have been water damage but cant tell =/

thanks guys

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now you're talking about water damage? Did you spill water on your machine sometime in the past? And yes, there are indicators which can show a technician at Apple if spillage occurred.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
no, i haven't but im thinking of selling it off as faulty, and need to know why its not working.

i cant sell it to someone if it has water damage, my sister had it for a week, and in that time it broke, she says she didn't spill any water or anything on it but i don't believe anything she says really :p

i just want to know why it isn't working :/

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can sympathize with you then. Reminds me of when I let my daughter use anything of mine. It's usually returned (if it's returned) either non functional or completely messed up. :Angry-Tongue:

If it's a dead logic board like we're thinking, it's going to be difficult to sell. Anyway, good luck with sorting it out.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.