Copying Large Hard drives

K

kiwigreg

I'm having trouble copying 2 firewire hard drives I have to another for back up. It's about 100GB of data with most folders around the 5 GB size. My system just hangs and the transfer never completes. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried a couple of basic syncing apps, but nothing seems to work.
Is there a way to transfer large folders via the Terminal? Any other ideas appreciated. :)

OP
C

Chamorro

kiwigreg said:
I'm having trouble copying 2 firewire hard drives I have to another for back up. It's about 100GB of data with most folders around the 5 GB size. My system just hangs and the transfer never completes. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried a couple of basic syncing apps, but nothing seems to work.
Is there a way to transfer large folders via the Terminal? Any other ideas appreciated. :)

I recommend Carbon Copy Cloner for backing up whole HD's. You may need to give more time for the copy to complete....that's a lot of data being moved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.