Control-click to save and/or download image attachments in Yosemite Mail?

Reaction score
In Mavericks, I was able to control-click on an image attachment in an email to copy and/or download the image.
Control clicking offered a number of options including saving to my Downloads folder or Saving as...
This feature was particularly useful if you wanted to copy an image to paste into another file, or download just a single image from multiple attachments.

In Yosemite, it appears that only image files that are links allow this.

Is there any way to enable control-clicking in Yosemite's Mail?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This feature still works with PDF files under 10.10.2.. Haven't gotten any graphic attachments recently to check those.

C

chas_m

I'm on 10.10.2.

Just right-clicked on an email with an RTF file and several images. It worked exactly as it always has ...

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 11.49.25 PM.png

Of course if for some reason your right-click settings aren't working, you can also just simply mouse up to the top of the message, whereupon this will appear:

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 11.49.40 PM.png

That's for those people who don't use right-click, but it also works as expected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.