• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Connected & Entertained during COVID-19

Reaction score
With all of the isolation, I've found that several ways to keep myself engaged and entertained:

• The Morning Brew

• The New York Times
  • The Food Network

What are some other sources of entertainment that aren't over the top with negativity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Catching up on my TV and watching numerous YouTube videos about WW2. I took advantage of a sale and subscribed to the Washington Post, mostly for the comics LOL. Reading "Iron Coffin" by U-Boat Captain Herbert Werner. Published in 1968 so 1st hard copy book I've read in a long time. Have to buy it from used books online. I thought I knew a lot about the U-Boat war but I did not. It's amazing what he went thru. The last 12-18 months of the war the Allies got so good at anti-sub warfare only 2 out of 10 U-boats would return from a tour.

Refurbed my wife's old Mac Mini that hadn't been turned on in years. That's what got me to mac-forums. Liked the Mac Mini so much I bought a new iMac. I'm an old Windows guy so Google and I have been talking a lot about Mac stuff.

Reaction score
Our yard and vehicles have never looked as good.

I don't watch much TV but do play video games and do read novels. I can DL books from our library but the selection is sparse these days.

Today I'm going to wash the windows ... Next week, wash the car again.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Rod said:

Today I'm going to wash the windows ... Next week, wash the car again.

And I hope you wash your hands more often than that.:smile:wink:giggle

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Last night, finally started watching an old movie recorded on the DVD maybe two years ago. It got interrupted in the middle... something more important came up" Skype with grandkids and their parents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), Apple Watch: IPad Mini 3: Iphone 12 Pro
Is no one binge watching anything good? Amazon: Marvelous Mrs. Mazel. Netflix: Grace & Frankie, Kominsky Method. (all done watching these but they are fabulous). Next I think I will watch Tiger King on Netflix. I still have to work every day, I am considered an essential worker (criminal justice division of my county). But on weekends I am on lockdown. I sewed a bunch of face masks for my family and employees. I cleaned out my closet and boxed up stuff I don't wear anymore, boxes labeled in the corner of my dining room. I vacuumed out my car, dog hair still from last trip to the vet. I have smoked a brisket and ribs and cooked something fabulous every weekend. I do my own mani's and pedi's and cut my own hair. Thank goodness I do not get botox!

Reaction score
I just finished Season 1 of "Another Life" on Netflix. Stars Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica). 10 episodes and leaves you on a cliffhanger but at least it's been renewed for season 2. Excellent Space Drama, kind of a mix of "Lost in Space", "Alien" and a few other movies.

"The Expanse" on Amazon Prime is excellent, that's the show Jeff Bezos rescued. On Hulu there's "Emergence" about a strange 9yr old, & "Devs" about a very powerful Quantum computer.

On Apple TV there's "For All Mankind" which is an alternate history where the Russians beat the USA to the moon which starts a huge space race.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.