Computer problem

Reaction score
Hi, I have a computer problem andt I can't figure out how to solve it. I am using my wife's computer and have one large folder with my name on it. It contains many other folders such as--woodworking, tools, stock trading ideas, etc. etc. Recently, I was dragging a photo from the desktop to the proper folder and something went wrong. There is a ghost image of the folder on the desk top along with the actual image of the folder. I can't drag any of the desk icons to the trash and I can't get rid of the ghost image. I asked my brother who knows a lot about computers and he gave me instructions about unlocking something but when I checked and did what he said nothing happened. Any idea on how to correct this problem? Thank you.

Reaction score
"Computer" won't get you any real help here. Before anyone can help you, you need to post your Mac model, specs and which version of OS X you are running.

See here: Writing a Quality Post

OP
P
Reaction score
The computer is an IMac. It is running OSX version 10.95. It has a 2.7 GHZ Intel core i5 and the memory is 8GB, 1600MHZ DDR3. I hope this gives enough information that helps to solve the problem.

M

MacInWin

Have you tried rebooting, then see if you can delete the ghost icon (I presume that's what you want to do, although you didn't actually say)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.