Compatibility Mode

Reaction score
After I Save As a Word document to .docx from Compabibility Mode I cannot close the document? How can I get out of this document??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
In case you are using Word 2011:

Are you sure you are saving it and not just doing "Save as..." and then clicking "Compatibility Report?"

Once you click "Compatibility Report" you should see an option to "Continue Saving" which will save your document. If you just click "OK" the dialogue will close without saving or closing the document.

If you're using Word 2008, follow the "Save as.." dialogue all the way through and then you can close it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Closing WORD documents in Compatibility Mode

Hi, I cannot close WORD documents that are in Compatibility Mode. It is not letting me do a SAVE AS either to change to .docx ??

Please send me suggestions asap as my task bar is getting full of these WORD docs and I cannot edit them either.

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi, I am doing a Save As, then choose .docx and then click in "Maintain Compatibility with Previous Version". Sometimes this works and it is saved properly.

Other times it stays in Compatibility Mode and I cannot edit it or close it? It just stays open at the bottom on my Task Bar, which is now getting full.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
Please don't post twice on the same subject. caribiner23 is answering you on the original post.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Threads merged & thread moved to better location (OX X- Apps & Games).

It is not necessary to cross-post for the same topic.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Other times it stays in Compatibility Mode and I cannot edit it or close it? It just stays open at the bottom on my Task Bar, which is now getting full.

What version of Office are you using?

What happens when you simply click on the "x" in the upper left corner of the document?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.