• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Come on, Apple! Where's the iPad?

OP
Kar98
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Tetsuo said:
What's wrong with that one? I've got nano and it's ok for me (and believe me, I'm not a toddler :dummy: )

I feel like Bruno the Ham-Fisted Mountain of Muscle trying to use the center thingie :yinyang: And I don't really have large hands.

OP
Kar98
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMania55 said:
that little wheel is no where near functional.

Well, PDAs do have some sort of a "4 directions, 1 Enter" pad nowadays :)

I'm surprised nobody has noticed the lack of a front-side speaker though ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
OP
Kar98
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahahaha!

pant_pg3600v_2.jpg
pant_pg3600v_1.jpg

South Korean phone maker Pantech has launched a mobile phone with an iPod-like clickwheel control it describes as a "revolutionary touch-wheel sensor". The company said it was pitching the product, which goes on sale today in Hong Kong and Taiwan, at "digital generation" music fans.

The PG-3600V is a slider phone with a 1.9in, 262,144-colour display mounted above the clickwheel, which "enables easy navigation by allowing users to sweep the wheel key with their fingers", Pantech said. The control not only operates the phone's music player, but is used to zoom the phone's 1.3-megapixel camera and to track through MPEG 4 videos recorded on the handset.

The unit has video editing software on board and 512MB of memory to store content. There's a memory card slot to add more. The device features all the usual phone features, including stereo audio-enabled Bluetooth.

The PG-3600V measures 10.2 x 4.7 x 1.8cm and weighs 94.1g.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Just have some kind of on-screen toch pad click wheel and make the screen larger.

And put definately more than 1-4GB because with OSX on there, it would fill up quick. Try 100 or 120GB.

T

tenbellys

PowerBookG4 said:
dislike the fact that there is the click wheel. That is very ipod, and it would not be useful..

completley disagree with this comment.

Imagine a PDA with loads of emails and files on it and you need to keep tapping to scroll down.

also handy for scrolling around web pages on a small screen.

E

Ex_PC_Puke

So what OS would it run ---- Is there a light-weight version of OS X ?? If you want to run the typical apps you need a compatible OS :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i wish i had a phone that ran osx

OP
Kar98
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ex_PC_Puke said:
So what OS would it run ---- Is there a light-weight version of OS X ?? If you want to run the typical apps you need a compatible OS :dummy:

That's where I am (and Apple, too, I assume) stuck. New (to them) CPU, yet another port of the OS, or a WM2005 SE skinned to look like OSX, in exchange for Apple licensing OSX to MS (for them run skinned to look like Windows)? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
I would definitely want a fully functional tablet computer, so if it's not that, I will definitely be disappointed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.