com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.Err in FCPX

Reaction score
com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.Err in FCPX

I get an error message every time I try to output no matter how I try to export. Dvd, youtube, QT - same crap! I had a presentation yesterday and was desperate so I even paid for another newer version of compressor which did nothing. I am using FCPx 10.0.3 and had been using compressor 3.5.3 and just dumped money into a hole by buying compressor 4.1.3

I'm beyond frustrated. I have a couple of different machines but I edited this one on my macbook pro which a few months ago I installed a new SSD drive and went to OSX 10.9.4 to which I honestly can't recall if I have edited anything in FCPX since that upgrade so maybe this is a Mavericks thing? I did get one dialogue message saying that I needed to upgrade my FCPX which I will NOT do - everything was fine weeks ago and I don't want to play the Apple upgrade game on this one. Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Reaction score
I have the same problem with iMovie and FCP after upgrade to Yosemite (OSX 10.10.1)!
I get com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.Error -1 if I want to export my movies to file, youtube or wherever. Even with the projects and files, that worked perfectly before.

Just today I found today a solution (that I'm not very happy) -if I change the AUDIO qulity of my camera to 16bit, I will not get this error, but with 24 bit iMovie will not export the movie.
But it did before I upgraded to Yosemite!

I see the same problem in Apple forum since summer 2014, but no asmwer from apple!

:Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.