CleanmyMac app

Reaction score
Is the above app safe and recommended to use on my M1 MacBook Pro? also For my new IMac.? If not I would like some other suggestions please!
Thank you!
Bruce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Not recommended. It has a tendency to be aggressive. There are folks here who will say it's ok, but most of us don't use it as it is not really needed. Macs don't need "cleaning" in the normal use of them. If you feel you MUST do something, get OnyX and run the default maintenance routine once every 6 months or so, if then. I haven't done anything to my MBP in over a year. It's simply not needed.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
+100 to what Jake said, avoid avoid avoid.

OP
B
Reaction score
Not recommended. It has a tendency to be aggressive. There are folks here who will say it's ok, but most of us don't use it as it is not really needed. Macs don't need "cleaning" in the normal use of them. If you feel you MUST do something, get OnyX and run the default maintenance routine once every 6 months or so, if then. I haven't done anything to my MBP in over a year. It's simply not needed.
Thanks Jake!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OnyX is OS-specific. Download only the one that indicates it is for the OS version you have. The same developer provides a stand-alone Maintenance app that is only the Maintenance portion of OnyX, making things a bit simpler and less perplexing for a new user.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.