• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Cleanin' Out My Closet

Reaction score
With the success I recently in selling my PC system, I have decided to clean out the rest of my acquired PC parts and assorted paraphenalia. Following is a complete list of what I felt others of this forum might be interested in. All items should be considered to be in new or like-new condition, except if otherwise noted. My terms and I am looking for follow this list. Thanks for looking!

Pictures or additional information are available for any of the above items, just PM or email me here.

My simple terms are $600 plus shipping for the entire package you see above. I am willing to trade all or part of the package for some combination of the following:

• Airport Basic card
  • Airport Base
  • RAM or Hard drive upgrades for a 700 Mhz G3 12" iBook
  • Mid-level and higher Macintosh desktop system
  • Mid-level and higher PC desktop system
  • External Firewire/USB hard drive
  • iPod, any size
  • iSight

I will also entertain any offers of items for trade that I haven't listed here. Please email me with your details and we can hash it out.

C

CaptainMack

how much will you be willing to sell one book for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Does anyone have an idea as to whether the 256 MB PC 100 DIMM would work in my Beige G3?

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
CaptainMack said:
how much will you be willing to sell one book for?

Which one and do you want to trade or buy?

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
To clarify, the memory came from a PC and I have no idea about the cross-compatibility of PC to Mac memory. It is 168 pin, unbuffered, SDRAM DIMM.

Padawan said:
Does anyone have an idea as to whether the 256 MB PC 100 DIMM would work in my Beige G3?

C

CaptainMack

Ragle said:
Which one and do you want to trade or buy?
i would want one of the photoshop books or one of the robotics books. im not sure on which one in each category. which ones did you enjoy the most?

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
CaptainMack said:
i would want one of the photoshop books or one of the robotics books. im not sure on which one in each category. which ones did you enjoy the most?

That all depends on which you feel more drawn to. I enjoy Photoshop from an artistic and functional standpoint. I enjoy robotics from a career and hobbyist standpoint. Which, if either, are you?

C

CaptainMack

how much would you sell these for:
Electronics Projects for the Evil Genius
Backyard Ballistics
How to Cheat in Photoshop

ps. i was wondering wich one you recomend is each category. i see you have a couple in each.

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
Just make me an offer on the books. Cash is good, but I am also looking for trades for upgrades on my iBook. Let me know what you have or want to offer.

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
Adding a few things to my above list:

• KTI 8 port switch (white)
  • KTI 16 rack-mount hub (black)
  • ~300 ft. CAT5 cable, cut into varying lengths with endpieces already on
  • Handspring Treo 180 in original box with accessories and leather case. The unit itself works great, but there is cosmetic damage in the form of scratches on the case from having been in a drawer for some time.

As with the original list, make me an offer for cash or trade. Thanks!

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
I am also actively seeking a basic Airport card. In addition to some combination of the items I have already listed, I would be willing to add a D-Link USB wireless dongle (model DWL-122) into a deal specifically for an Airport card. The USB dongle is compatible with either PC or Mac and includes original driver disc and documentation.

OP
Ragle
Reaction score
Ok, I am looking to trade all of the RAM I have available for one stick of 512 meg for my iBook.

Additionally, I am now looking for just a hard drive enclosure, either USB or Firewire. Tell me what you want from the list above and we will talk.

Still looking for an Airport card as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Powermac 400mgz 256 mgs 10 gig hd
How much do you want for Photoshop WOW and the Down and Dirty books. I might be interested in the Photo Restorartion Book depending on what version it is

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.