Chrome 64 bit Beta

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In case anyone is interested, the latest Beta of 64 bit Chrome is stable and fast. Installing it will import all your previous Chrome settings including bookmarks, extensions, and options.

The download link is here.

The latest as of today is Version 40.0.2214.6 dev (64-bit)

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, the latest Beta of 64 bit Chrome is stable and fast. Installing it will import all your previous Chrome settings including bookmarks, extensions, and options.

The download link is here.

The latest as of today is Version 40.0.2214.6 dev (64-bit)

I'm downloading it as we speak... I wasn't aware that there was a version available for OS X, thanks for the information :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's been a while since I've touched Chrome, mostly because I'm paranoid of Google collecting any more information about me than it already has. That said, I'll be curious to see if they've solved any of the egregious issues they have with power consumption on the Mac. Though I have become accustomed to Safari, there are some plugins in Chrome that I wouldn't mind having.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That said, I'll be curious to see if they've solved any of the egregious issues they have with power consumption on the Mac.
Last time I used it, it still consumed power as if battery life was meaningless. I don't think that'll change anytime soon, unfortunately, since Google's approach is to isolate everything in separate processes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.