• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Choppy 1080, smooth 720 playback?

OP
p_rod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
Adric and Ivan! UPDATE!!!!!

Number one, I just ordered 16 GB of new memory from OWC on Monday and hopefully it will arrive late this week. That's the max I can use on my late 2009 model so I am going for it. :cool:

I just shot some video the other night (I attached the Go Pro to a radio controlled blimp I fly for our local ECHL hockey team) and brought it home and for some reason unbeknownst to me, the 1080 res at 30 frames per second ran just FINE on the iMac. !^&^#&^!!1!!

I have not done any editing of it yet..I am still trying to determine if I need to convert it (from its native mp4 format) to something else before I start cutting, deleting, adding clips, etc. I still haven't found a definite solution to that yet but am still searching. There is a forum I found, called CreativeCow.net that may be a place too for me to find some answers...but those guys really speak in quite another language! :) I had NO idea this video editing was this 'deep and somewhat convoluted". I haven't asked any questions there yet....still searching around the site...but I may just put my hat in my hand and ask them if I should convert before editing.

I want to learn how to do it, and do it well, so I am going to persevere. I keep looking here too but have yet to find out what to do specifically for this Adobe Premier Elements proggie.

I am also going through the tutorials on the Adobe site, overall quite helpful and also located a "manual" of sorts for the program too....and that should help too.

I want to thank you two again (and you too, chase-m and pwfletcher-who suggested new drivers to look for).

I will keep looking and learning this program....and will certainly keep an eye out here on this forum too...it's in my Top Sites list.

Cheers to all!

Pat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.