CHAT-GPT Forum?

Reaction score
Is there a public forum rather like 'mac-forums' devoted to CHAT-GPT? I'd like somewhere to ask questions and perhaps give others the benefit of my limited experience? I'm not into programming - just want to know about different ways to use CHAT-GPT. My particular interest and experience to date is language learning. Thus far, my experience is limited to using it via an iPad. I know there are YouTube videos but it would be helpful to find a forum for specific questions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There won't be a forum specific to chatGPT, but there should be forums for Gen AI, LLMs or AI in general where chatGPT would be a sub-forum.

OP
M
Reaction score
OK about moving my post … I understand.

I have looked at some of the CHAT-GPT forums and also a F/B site … but those are not for me. (Thanks for the suggestion BTW.)

Perhaps someone on this site who is familiar with that app (downloaded from the App Store) can answer my question.

I have a mass of text marooned on the CHAT-GPT app via my iPad but I would like to transfer this stuff (related to my Italian language studies) into ‘Pages’ so that I can read it all at once and not screen by screen, as things are at present.
Yet the CHAT-GPT app does not seem to permit me to copy and paste great chunks of text. I can only copy one paragraph at a time.

I must say that, as someone who is learning the language alone and without any help from a teacher or native speaker, the app is very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any pointers …

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are using a stand alone app to interface to chatGPT, then your questions should be going to the developers of that app.

I've just used chatGPT directly through the web interface and copy whatever is needed from the responses for further editing.

OP
M
Reaction score
OK and thanks again.
I've accessed via Safari and, like you, I am able to copy and paste as usual.
But I am still bedevilled by the app.
I find it impossible via the ChatGPT app and my iPad to highlight more than one utterance at a time.
On this basis, it would take an eternity to copy and paste all that good stuff that is currently marooned on the app!
Of course, I can use the Safari route but it's nice to sit comfortably on the sofa with my iPad and get help with my Italian from CHAT-GPT.
Of course, this issue is not solely related to the use of CHAT-GPT and an iPad for language learning; it must apply to any 'highlight' > 'copy' > 'paste' activity.
I am hoping that someone on this forum will chip in and tell me whether they are able to copy and paste great chunks of text from the app into something like 'Pages' or 'Word'.
I live in hope.
M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.