Charging First Time

Reaction score
Hello
I have Mac Book Air for first time :). The question is about charging for first time!. How long time should i hold it on charging before i start use it?.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Congratulation on you MB Air! You are going to love it.

The laptop will be at 100% when orange light on magsafe charger connection turns green. Actually there is all kinds of recommendations. Here is a link to what Apple has to say:

Mac notebooks: All about batteries - Apple Support

I usually charge my MB AIr full then use it all day until it gets to around 20% then I plug it in.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mIni *2013 macbook air *2011-itouch G4 32 gb (new repair projects:iMac G4 2002* imac g5 2007*
when the light goes green!
enjoy your new airbook!

oh, advice
keep the charger plugged in as much a possible.
keep the battery charged and don't drain the battery monthly, as apple suggests.
my 2011 airbook has a health battery life!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
banesto;1631613 oh said:
@ Doc.E - the above advice is pretty much my practice on a MBPro, mainly for the reason of limiting the number of 'recharging cycles' that the battery has experienced (a complete cycle to a full recharge is counted as one, which may be done at once or over a number of partial recharge events).

Apple usually will state that their laptop batteries can go through 500-1000 complete cycles before losing about 20% of their charging capacity which would equate to 80% health. You can determine the health of your battery by bringing up a system report (use About This Mac) - see my screen capture below - my battery has gone through only 206 cycles over nearly 2 years (mainly by keeping it plugged in most of the time); the battery is currently 100% charged, so by dividing the charge remaining by the the original full charge capacity gives me 97% battery health.

NOW, of course, how you use your laptop impacts greatly on battery charging - I'm retired and pretty much limit my computer's use to my den next to my charger, so the reason for my practice; however, if you need to use your laptop most of the day in the absence of a charger, then your needs will be different - so, just keep in mind the information above on cycles. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 9.49.51 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.