Changing systen HDD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I am upgrading our MacBook system disk, putting a 1tb SSHD in it. I am waiting for the new disk to arrive, Santa was a bit slow?? I have done a CCC clone of the system, but when the old disk is out is there any reason why I can't drop it into an external case and reload my system from there?

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but I've been wrong before, just ask SWMBO :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I am upgrading our MacBook system disk, putting a 1tb SSHD in it. I am waiting for the new disk to arrive, Santa was a bit slow?? I have done a CCC clone of the system, but when the old disk is out is there any reason why I can't drop it into an external case and reload my system from there?

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but I've been wrong before, just ask SWMBO :D

That is in fact exactly what I and many of us would do. Just boot from the old drive and clone it to the new using SuperDuper.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Cheers mate!! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear :D:D

Now, I just hope that La Poste don't hang on to it too long?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.