Changing privileges to Edit XP partiton

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well, here's my problem. When I boot up Windows and log in, my computer freezes (On a Macbook Pro by the way). I recently downloaded a game (which I learned has given other people strange problems too) and I would like to get rid of it. I obviously can't get rid of it under XP because my computer freezes once my desktop loads. So I was hoping to get rid of it under OSX, but when I go into the XP partitioned hard drive, I get a prompt stating that I have "insufficent privileges" to delete to game. I was hoping there was a way to be able to delete data from my XP partition. If any of you know how I can do this, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Strange, I can edit files on my XP partition with no problems...

Is it formatted as FAT32 or NTFS?

(Select the drive and hit Apple+I to view more info).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Hi Hazard99...Mac OSX cannot see NTFS partitions.
What program are you using to run XP? e.g parallels
Have you tried logging into Windows using safe mode?

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm using bootcamp. I have not tried going on to windows using safe mode. How can I do this?

Edit:

Okay, I got into safe mode on Windows, but the keyboard does not work. I try to enter my password and I cannot. There are several different options for safe mode like "safe mode network." I choose the standard "Safe Mode." Was that the correct one to pick?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
To be honest I would suggest you copy any files of the XP drive you need (OS X can read NTFS, just not write/delete on it), then just delete the Boot camp partition with the Boot camp assistant and then reinstall everything.

OP
H
Reaction score
Okay. That's fine. I just hated the entire process of installing XP. Thanks for all your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.