Can't send email using .mac SMTP

Reaction score
Trying to use Microsoft Entourage 2004 as my .mac email client. I can receive just fine, but can not use the smtp server that .mac says to use (smtp.mac.com). I've tried everything, including changing the port as suggessted on another thread.....It just fails. Everything works fine if I use the .mac web client, but I'd like to use Entourage if possible...Any ideas? Thanks.

Reaction score
Everything works fine if I use the .mac web client
The web client works over port 80, smtp works over port 25. Any possibility that your ISP is blocking port 25? Not likely, but it is fairly common with public access sites (hotels and such). The other possibility is that your ISP requires you to use their smtp server and no one else's. Do you have any other accounts that work?
Next, click on the Advanced Sending Options button, click "SMTP server requires authentication" and "Use same settings as receiving mail server".
Last, make sure that your version of Entourage is all patched to 11.3.4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.