Can't print pdf from Adobe Reader

Reaction score
If I try to print a pdf from Adobe Reader on my MacBook running 10.6.8 I get an error message in the print monitor: Error - unable to open raster stream - : No such file or directory. Is there a fix for this? I've looked at some old threads on this, but the fix pages have been deleted. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried using the built in "Preview" app that will read, edit, and print PDFs?

OP
C
Reaction score
Oh yes, that's where it all started. I have another thread going for that: it will only print at 75% reduction in size! Actually, I just printed out from Preview, and for no good reason, it's now working normally again. I love these things... Ok, let me try from Reader again. And, yes, of course, it's working normally again from Reader too. Oy vey. I did repair disk permissions, but who knows if it was that or just the fact that it rested for 24 hours... Thanks, anyway.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Must be those PDF Gremlins again! :p Glad to hear it's all working as it should be, just don't throw any water on those Gremlins. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.