Cannot play any Flash Video on Yosemite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
Since going to Yosemite I have had real problems playing any flash video on my mac, this is the same on all browsers (I have tried safari, chrome and FF) and I have no idea where to go?

My adobe player is up to date, and little videos like ones inside Facebook work fine but when trying to watch a flash streaming video like say on the WWE Network or Animax then the video just never starts, just a blank black box and it never changes.

Can anyone help as most provider's FAQs just keep telling me to update my player and empty my cache (which I have done!)

thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What version does Flash Player say? Latest is 17.0.0.134.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi yes i have the latest player.

this is also happening on my ipad and iphone, on 2 different internet providers and on cellular, seems to be affecting all apple products i own?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem is at your end somewhere alas. What model and operating system for starters and how did you install the operating system?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
latest yosemite, brand new Macbook 2.2ghz quad core i7, iPhone 5s, iPad mini 2, none of these will play flash, also my PC will not play the content either, and the flash plug ins keep crashing. Can this surely be my fault with cross platforms all not working at the same time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Brand new take it back to the store and explain your problems.

Reaction score
Most likely the safari cache problem again and sorry to say it's not correctable without removing the cache .db file and a terminal command 10.10.2 messed something in safari users have reported it as safari trying to load a page to fast causing dns server errors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
You are saying this is happening on OS X and iOS as well as Windows devices. Is this on your home network? If so that is an issue with how ever you are connecting to the internet. It is possible to have a bad modem or router. It is more that an Adobe Flash plug in problem if it is affecting that many devices.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.