Cannot mount SSD and create a new OSX install!

Reaction score
Hello!
I'd be glad if anyone of you guys could help me out here! :)
I'm having issues trying to install a new clean OSX on a new SSD drive on my Macbook Pro mid-2012.
I've done this before on a Samsung Evo 840 500GB with no problem.
This time I'm using a Samsung Evo 850 1TB, but when I try to install OSX it won't let me.

I'm using recovery mode (Command + R on startup) and at first in Disk Utility I couldn't format the new SSD in Mac OSX Journaled, it just stopped at 50%.
I then swapped the SSD for a regular Harddrive (Non-SSD), installed OSX on that drive with no problem, and formated the SSD in Disk Utility on this new OSX on the regular HDD after putting the SSD in an external enclosure.

After that I swapped the HDD for the formatted SSD, but I still can't install OSX. In Disk Utility in recovery mode it says "Not mounted" under Mount Point in the info.
I've tried force mounting it in Terminal too, but it won't show up as as mounted installable disk when running the OSX install.

Help greatly appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
On first look It suggests a faulty device.

Do you have an external USB enclosure? If So I'd connect it that way and see if you can mount the disk from your existing OSX install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
We have had other threads about Samsung EVO drives and inability to use with OS X. Also, so you do not think you are the only one, have a read of this from Apple Discussions. I hate everything Samsung with a passion. Suggest taking it back with a copy of the Discussions page and getting a Crucial or OWC drive:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6781754?tstart=0

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.