Cannot Map Network Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi

I have a USB drive that is connected to my router, which i wish to map and use as a shared drive. I have set up Samba on the router and created a user account and password. I go to Finder/Connect to server, then enter the I.P. address for the router and then I am prompted to add the user name and password for the drive. When I do this, the dialog box just shakes, and will not let me go any further. As a test, I booted into Windows and performed the same tasks, and this shows the drive and I am able to read and write to this. The Mac (which is running Monterey) will not show the drive at all and will not accept the username and password which is being entered correctly. Please can anyone help.

Thanks

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2013 27" stuck forever on Catalina
Maybe you have tried this; but, have you tried restarting your Mac, logging out and in again, ejecting your drive and re-mounting it etc?

Are you sure you configured SMB properly and are using it properly? I do not mean to insult your intelligence, I am merely going through what little I know, that's all :)

Cheers

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe you have tried this; but, have you tried restarting your Mac, logging out and in again, ejecting your drive and re-mounting it etc?

Are you sure you configured SMB properly and are using it properly? I do not mean to insult your intelligence, I am merely going through what little I know, that's all :)

Cheers
Hi

Many thanks for the reply. I have tried al your suggestion, but it has made no difference to the situation. The fact that it can be accessed via windows, leads me to believe that it is something solely down to MacOS, but I’m at a complete loss. Again, many thanks for trying to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2013 27" stuck forever on Catalina
Hi

Many thanks for the reply. I have tried al your suggestion, but it has made no difference to the situation. The fact that it can be accessed via windows, leads me to believe that it is something solely down to MacOS, but I’m at a complete loss. Again, many thanks for trying to help.
well, I am at at the end of my knowledge. Maybe you could call Apple Support. Even if your Mac were out of warranty and AppleCare coverage, they will help you for free since this is a software (OS) issue.

Good luck and cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.