Cannot install Windows on Macbook Air

Reaction score
I have 2 Macbook Air machines. I have been trying to install Windows 7 on both of them. On my late 2010 machine, running Yosemite, bootcamp gives me no option for installing from a usb drive. Also, on my early 2014 machine, running Maverick, the usb drive that it makes will not boot the machine.

On my 2010 machine, when trying to install using a Super Drive, the installation stops and either says Windows was unable to load all files needed or installation disk cannot be found.

I have software that I can only run on a Windows machine so I need to make the install. I would prefer to use the 2010 machine.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
For installation on either machine, you first need to create a bootable iso of Windows 7. You should use a full install Windows 7 DVD x 64 bit and a program that will burn the DVD to a bootable iso. Then place the bootable iso on a flash drive. Just follow the Boot Camp instructions from that point on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.