Can I reinstall old IOS to old iPod ?

Reaction score
Have a B&W Zepplin docking station :( put a new iOS onto 3rd generation iPod a few years ago and had loads of problems. No sound coming out, messages saying not supported. So after a while of B&W and Apple slagging each other off decided to buy an expensive bit of white plastic called a lightning connector and a brand new 5th generation iPod. Seams to work ok but all of a sudden it now won't charge whilst on dock playing ! I'm now soooo fed up. Is it possible to reinstall the old iOS that would of come with a 3rd generation iPod ? Guess not eh..

OP
glennpompier
Reaction score
Thanks but after reading it looks like it will try and Install a latest iOS . I want to install an iOS from about 5 years ago ( old version that will work with the B&W Zepplin ). I'm not sure that can be done, unless you know it can??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks but after reading it looks like it will try and Install a latest iOS . I want to install an iOS from about 5 years ago ( old version that will work with the B&W Zepplin ). I'm not sure that can be done, unless you know it can??

Not to my knowledge it doesn't? A Restore back to factory settings takes it back to the state it was 'out of the box'. Restore the 3rd gen one. It may take a good while but you've nothing to lose. Your 5th Gen one should be fine and I've no idea why it's not charging but make sure you have no cable issues.

Also it would be a good idea to update the firmware on your Zeppelin from B&W's website.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Apple notes, with many releases, that once you go up, you can't come down. While this doesn't make it impossible, it does make it difficult and does suggest that it won't be supported. It's also important to consider where you'll get the IPSW files (firmware) from since Apple doesn't normally make these available through direct download. Do you happen to have a copy of the older firmware available?

OP
glennpompier
Reaction score
No, I loaded the new firmware for the Zepplin and that hasn't made any difference. I'm still having loads of problems. Looks like I'll I can kiss goodbye to playing the radio on the Zepplin Dock, my music is fine, it's just trying to listen to the radio. Even my brand new 5th generation iPod has given up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.