Can anyone recommend any good printers?

N

Nightblade

I'm asking this because my printer, Epson Stylus, keep *$%@ing up on me. Both of mine are broken right now, and it's not the first time. As a result, I could not print out my thing for school last night. It was a 14 MB Word document (14 MB due to the fact that it contains a picture that was edited in Photoshop). It also took me forever to do! My computer was soooooooo slow with only Word and Photoshop running! One time it even froze! And I didn't even get anywhere! I couldn't burn it on a CD, since the CD burner's on my other computer and for some reason, I can't network to it as I normally can (since they're both connected to the same modem via a router). I tried putting it on my iDisk, but I think that *$%@ed up too for some reason. Even if it didn't, I'm not able to access my iDisk on my school's computers (running Windows 2000) because the school board has severely restricted these computers, and one of the things they can't do is access the Map Network Drive in the Tools menu. So, I'm basically screwed. It's the last day of school, I can't hand that thing in, and so I'm screwed. Maybe I'll be able to send it to my teacher via MSN, but I don't think the file transfer will work. Only receiving file transfers seem to work on aMSN, not giving file transfers. Maybe I'll try using dMSN.....The only other option would be to remake the thing I made on the school computer with Photoshop. It's a Pentium 4, so it'll take a fraction of the time as my computer at home. But for now, I'm screwed, and everyone at school is saying that I can solve the problem by "getting a PC". They keep saying PCs are better, and pressure me into getting one as people here pressure others into getting a Mac. But you know, I think I might actually believe these people at school! Maybe a PC will solve my problems, who knows. I mean, they're faster, that's for sure. And there are more printers compatible with them. And I'll be able to use the file transfer on MSN flawlessly. But for now, I'll have to use my current computer. But can anyone recommend any good non-Epson printers? Epson sucks. Or at least their Stylus printers do. The only other possible way I could get it to school is via Gmail. The problem is, it's not out yet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Seems like u need a computer upgrade (PC or Mac, its upto you).

HP deskjet is nice and cheap, for simple home printing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I like my Canon i9100 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
PC with a BSD or Linux, IMO any other os is not a good choice

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Epson sucks. Get an HP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
witeshark said:
PC with a BSD or Linux, IMO any other os is not a good choice
Now now... Linux sucks more than Windows.

W¡ND0W$ 4 LYFE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
you could try turning firewalls off, if any, or try it without the router to send files

or get a cheap G5 :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graeme43 said:
or get a cheap G5 :D
No such thing as something cheap from Apple.

OP
N

Nightblade

Hmm, well I tried turning off my firewall, but I still can't connect to my other computer. But, it's still a start. Thanks for the suggestion, Graeme43. And as for printer suggestions? Yeah, a couple of the printers at my schools are HP Deskjets. I just wasn't 100% if they were available for Mac or if I should get them. And as for Canon? I don't think I've heard of that kind of printer, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

dont get an HP...hahah i use to work for their printer tech support until a couple months ago...and the deskjets and photosmarts that they are pumping out are nothing bunch cheap piles of plastic. unless you are planning on buyin the top of the line dont
if you are to get an HP i would have to suggest the dj 6127 ( awesome work horse printer with a built in jetdirect card for lan printing) a dj 900 series or a photosmart 7200 or a PSC 750/950 (older models) other than those..i wouldnt touch hp...personnaly i love my epson..and wouldnt change

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.