Calendar function freezing my system

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini, running El Capitan. Whenever I attempt to use the calendar function I get an error message saying something about the server not recognizing the message or something like that. The calendar function then freezes and I have to force quit it to close it.:Angry:

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

Could you tell us a bit more about your system, what you mean by "use the calendar function" and what the message you get really says. Hard to give good advice if we don't know what's happening.

OP
W
Reaction score
An event is displayed in front of my calendar page. It completely blocks the calendar and it includes this message: "Your calendar couldn’t be refreshed.” I cannot do anything to change, manipulate or delete the event or close the calendar without going to my Safari browser’s “force quit” function. Likewise, I received an invitation to an event that I could not respond to through the calendar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't normally use El Capitan, but I a bit confused with your calendar problem and the relationship with Safari….

Are you trying to post or add some date that Safari is displaying or…???

Any chance you could add a screen shot for an old dead Mac brainer like myself… ;)

- Patrick
======

M

MacInWin

Can you get to Preferences for Calendar? IF so, what is shown on the Accounts tab? It may be that Calendar cannot get into the account where your calendar is located. The only other thing I can think of is to invoke Disk Utility and run First Aid on your boot drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.