Buying used Macbook

OP
A
Reaction score
Nope. Apple would have stopped stocking 2010 MacBook's a long time ago. Usually…you won't find any computer models in the refurbished area more than 1-2 years old. And usually not more than 1 year old.

You just got to keep shopping Craig's List. Many times what you want (or can afford) won't be there. You just got to keep looking…and not be in a hurry.;) You can shop eBay too. But many times you will pay more than Craig's List (if you're shopping smart on CL).:)

- Nick

thanks i think im just paranoid bc of the society we live in these days. ppl are willing to go to any minutes to make a quick buck.

i can get an air for $800 with educational pricing. i might just do that and give her my macbook pro from 2010 that had a new battery placed recently.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thanks i think im just paranoid bc of the society we live in these days. ppl are willing to go to any minutes to make a quick buck.

My Craig's List buying is mostly a 3-step process:

1. Ask lots of questions ahead of time. Especially if something is "fishy".
2. Know what to look for/what to test when inspecting it in person.
3. If the deal is too good to be true…it probably is.

To be honest…I've broken rule #3 a number of times. But I managed to come out ok applying rules #1 and #2.:)

I almost bought a used 2012 MacBook Pro a couple weeks ago. The price was GREAT! But the seller mentioned that he installed a new battery & new keyboard.

These things on a 2012 MacBook Pro should not need to be replaced…unless there was some sort of liquid damage. When I asked further…the seller got an attitude problem. So I said…no problem…see ya!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.