Built in ethernet dead??

OP
H

Harryc

50trimtsi said:
ya its a D-Link DFE-530TX and it says the driver supports OS X. Im gonna try it one more time. It just doesnt add up.
Are you running Tiger? Make sure it has a driver for OS X 10.4.1

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Harryc said:
Are you running Tiger? Make sure it has a driver for OS X 10.4.1

That was my concern also. I checked the Dlink site and it said the OSX drivers were for 10.1 and 10.2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Does anything show up in system profiler under PCI Cards and/or Network?

OP

50trimtsi

Ya I currently am running OSX 10.2.8 is this compatible with the card I have? In the system profiler it registers that there is a device in the PCI slot I am using, but also says it is unknown. I have tried other slots as well. Should I buy another card off the link above? Thanks soo much.

OP
H

Harryc

50trimtsi said:
Ya I currently am running OSX 10.2.8 is this compatible with the card I have? In the system profiler it registers that there is a device in the PCI slot I am using, but also says it is unknown. I have tried other slots as well. Should I buy another card off the link above? Thanks soo much.
I hate to jerk you around on this Ethernet card business. The problem is that most Macs have a built in Ethernet port, so there is very little experience with PCI cards. Technically they should work if you have a driver for your version of OS X. Not sure what else to tell you other than as you can see from the link, there are confirmed cards working with Panther. I'd try one of those, but that's me. Good luck. Anything you can do along those lines is going to be alot cheaper than a new logic board or mainboard. You also need to pay attention to where the confirmed cards drivers were sourced from. Sometimes the driver on the CD with the card might not be the best one.

OP

50trimtsi

Ya thats sounds like a good next step. Ill try one from the link you gave me. Thanks so much for all the help. You guys have been great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.