Broken charger, where can I get a new 1 (from Apple)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
My friend has a broken charger for her Macbook. Where can she get a new one from them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
This charger completely malfunctioned. It literally melt at the point where the charger head and cord meet. I felt it and it was exremely hot, and there's a melted hole, and wires exposed. She has AppleCare, but hasn't activated it yet (still within in the year) but will she even need to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
as long as she is inside of the first year and/or purchased applecare, just call them and she should get a replacement charger for free. This happened to my friend a few weeks ago and they shipped him a charger a few days later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
This charger completely malfunctioned. It literally melt at the point where the charger head and cord meet. I felt it and it was exremely hot, and there's a melted hole, and wires exposed. She has AppleCare, but hasn't activated it yet (still within in the year) but will she even need to?

If she has paid the Apple Care fee then it is already activated. Better call Apple 1-800 number and verify her Apple Care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If she has paid the Apple Care fee then it is already activated. Better call Apple 1-800 number and verify her Apple Care.

That's not true. You have to activate AppleCare by registering the Mac it goes with.

The only exception to this is if you order AppleCare with your Mac through Apple's website, in which case Apple will do the activating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
My friend has a broken charger for her Macbook. Where can she get a new one from them?

you can call apple and get it from them.. you could also try bestbuy/compusa/ciruitcity/microcenter.. all of those retail stores in my city sell apple chargers..

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Thanks to everyone who replied, she's going to the Apple store today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.