• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Breaking News! Smoking is Good For Your Health . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My bottom line here is pretty simple. No one made most of these folks take the destructive path of whatever their addiction may be (there may be cases where that is untrue though) and no one should be responsible for them changing the course of their lives and moving down a better path. It is up to the individual.

As for making help available, I'm not convinced this is the governments job to do directly. That being said, I do realize that the Aussie government is significantly more Liberal than we here in the US are and the approach may be a bit different because of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Liberal! Don't say that baggss. To explain our Federal Government is Labor, much like your Democrats, and the opposition is the Liberal Party. Much like the right wing of your Republicans.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Liberal! Don't say that baggss. To explain our Federal Government is Labor, much like your Democrats, and the opposition is the Liberal Party. Much like the right wing of your Republicans.

I understand that there is quite the conservative streak in Au. But for the most part the Au administrations tend to sit to the left of US administrations, including the current US administration....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I love smokers! Helps differentiate between the smart and the stupid! Smoke up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

So ?? I a stupid person am i ?? Did you take anytime to read the posts ?? I think not. :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So ?? Im a stupid person am i ?? Did you take anytime to read the posts ?? I think not. :Angry:

So let me get this straight. You are calling me stupid ?? Did you take any time to read this thread ..... AT ALL ??

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
So let me get this straight. You are calling me stupid ?? Did you take any time to read this thread ..... AT ALL ??

FWIW Brent,
I think you're a pretty sharp guy. And, I admire your taking charge of your life and especially trying to do the best by your son.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FWIW Brent,
I think you're a pretty sharp guy. And, I admire your taking charge of your life and especially trying to do the best by your son.

Thanks mate. I appreciate all you give :)

I just couldnt understand this statement in this forum. To outrightly call someone stupid . . . . . . Yea well . Today is another day isnt it lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Yeah, that was a really 'smart' comment..... I'm guessing that you are saying that you are a smoker! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You would think this and that i want to be around to see my son grow up it would be easy, but my addiction has taken hold and bc i havnt got the support around, this time around im struggling to give them up . . . .

We all support you kicking the habit. Come on, you can do it! :D

And I don't think you're stupid for smoking. I think smoking is a stupid habit, but lots of smart people do stupid things. It's amazing I'm alive considering all the stupid stuff I've done in my life. O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.