• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

brand new powerbook g4 15" 1.5 512 80gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
I just bought it today to try to make the switch as making the laptop purchase has been one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made in my life. I feel like having used a windows for so long, its not right for me. So if I were to return it there'd be a restocking fee which is crap considering I barely used it. My loss is your gain though:

SPECS:
15 inch powerbook
1.5 processor
512 ram
80gb hard drive
backlit keyboard
superdrive (DVD burner)
etc etc

Retail price is 2499.00. I am asking for around 2350. If you want the extended warranty add 250. For 2600. But feel free to negotiate with me!

If you want to see my sales receipt I will show it to you dated the 11th of August 2004.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
dude keep it and use it! You will get so much crap wrong with your windows pc on campus. It's a little hard just because it's new but you'll pick it up in a snap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
Yes! Keep it! PBs Rule! They are recommended to have by many colleges!

W

WilliS

lol you baught it today and already have decided its not you?

man, i wish i could make decisions that fast... ive been looking around for a fish tank for a month...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
So if you are willing to take loss. Why not pay the restocking fee?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Didn't they like, let you play in the shop first? What kind of stupid store doesn't allow you to test the product before you buy?

Hey dude... I'd advise you pay the restocking fee, if you really want to return it. But from a non bias view, a Powerbook will save you lots of trouble free hassle, specially if your at college and your writing up your thesis. The last thing you'll want is windows dying and the deadline is tomorrow.

Give it a try man... if you need any help, we're here...
anything you want to know, just ask.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
yeah I have had it for about 5 days now and like it a lot. I was just having buyers remorse. I had bought a dell 8600 after debating long and hard about the apple or pc. (Used pc for past few years after always having older macs). After a week or so of having the dell I sent it back due to screen size not being what they said (res. too high for me). I do have some questions which I will post in a different thread.

By the way, today in the Washington Post there are about five articles on PCs and security that really made me thankful for getting a mac. Problems that we had with spyware and stuff on the pc. Now I remember part of the reason why I considered a mac in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.